A lot of stuff goes into my brain, some of it by choice. If I decided to watch, read, play, or do it, I'd like to talk about it here. I'm a musician, a sometime actor, a frequent player of electronic and table-top games, and a lapsed reader (though I'm getting better). I write long and awkward sentences, because the more things resemble Douglas Adams' writing, the more I want to live in the world. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

not real news

Being pretty sick influenced me to miss two fairly important lectures today: Prof C's lecture on Kant, and Prof P's lecture beginning the idea of complexity theory.

I need to sit down tomorrow morning before school and write out the following on the Major Calendars (the portable one, and either the Big Desk One or the Little Dresser One):

1. The due dates of all assignments for all courses -- 108, 263, 320, 324, 363
2. The dates of all tests for all courses -- 108, 263, 320, 324, 363
3. The office hour schedules for all courses
4. The Study Sections for all courses, and what'll need to be covered and when
5. A "homework catch-up" for all courses as well.

Also going to grab some transcripts for me mother, viz her SSHRC proposal.

And then?

Tomorrow... Derek Corneil gives a little speech; I'd missed both the Microsoft and EA sessions this week due to sickness and urgency of 324 assignment. I will start the 363 assignment tomorrow night after Varsity Jews choir and Synagogue choir. I will start studying for the 324 and 263 midterms on Friday.

I've gotten to the point where the assignments aren't ever going to be "late" again. Now I just need to unlearn the concept of "too early", as M R has suggested. In Hillel's words, "If not now, when; if not for myself, then for whom?"

Or, as per the Categorical Imperative, I must act in such a way as to be able to will that the maxim for my action be a universal moral law. Which basically means "whatever you have to do, get it done with time to spare" is really how I hope people would think in general.

So I should think that way in particular.

Hmm.

No comments: