A lot of stuff goes into my brain, some of it by choice. If I decided to watch, read, play, or do it, I'd like to talk about it here. I'm a musician, a sometime actor, a frequent player of electronic and table-top games, and a lapsed reader (though I'm getting better). I write long and awkward sentences, because the more things resemble Douglas Adams' writing, the more I want to live in the world. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

two for now

There are two extant challenges facing me at the moment, besides the ideas for the game programming club's upcoming competition. (I'm currently thinking: "Paddletech", "By a Very Thin Thread", and "Ping Semeitai!") They are the midterm on CSC324 -- with all Sorts of Scary Scheme Syntax to digest -- and the assignment for CSC363 -- with all sorts of Turing Machines to explain and work out.

Not a ton of progress made on either, at the moment.

Singing was fairly busy today, and will be likewise in the morning. With the Varsity Jews I sang at a Bar Mitzvah at Holy Blossom Temple today. That was sort of neat. I had to solidify the two songs we were singing; I really didn't need to have the binder with me since that didn't make any difference whatsoever; I was too nervous to look at it. And I practiced with a subset of Tonal Ecstasy Alumni (Matt, Sahra, Meg and Dave) for an audition tomorrow. Basically, in case there actually is a hockey season this year, the Air Canada Centre will need a few people (or groups thereof) to sing the National Anthems before various games. This little quintet is hoping to be one of those groups.

I guess we'll see.

The computer assignment and midterm really should have taken some precedence. But I'm trying to make them coexist, and along with that, to have some time to be otherwise creative.

And yet, still sick and unendingly exhausted...

I belive a :P smiley is in order.

No comments: