A lot of stuff goes into my brain, some of it by choice. If I decided to watch, read, play, or do it, I'd like to talk about it here. I'm a musician, a sometime actor, a frequent player of electronic and table-top games, and a lapsed reader (though I'm getting better). I write long and awkward sentences, because the more things resemble Douglas Adams' writing, the more I want to live in the world. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

things get worse

Printer just died. I can't print out the new specs to the assignment which have been revised again, just a few days ago, and it turns out that my old version of the assignment was missing big chunks.

This whole semester is starting to go downhill. My body's falling apart, my schoolwork is falling apart, my relationship fell apart a while ago but is still subjecting me to stress, and this whole rant really belongs on the Kinra blog... or LJ... or something.

Anyway, I know that I can wrap my head around this stuff, but I've just re-read the specs and it's jarring. They want rationale; do they want proof? Why doesn't Prof. M have any autonomy in how this class is taught and run? There are mysterious TA cabals, capricious decisions by Prof. P, and bizarre and byzantine methods of deciding when we get access to the course materials.

Ack. For now I just want to try to finish these assignments. And yet no further progress has been made.

No comments: