A lot of stuff goes into my brain, some of it by choice. If I decided to watch, read, play, or do it, I'd like to talk about it here. I'm a musician, a sometime actor, a frequent player of electronic and table-top games, and a lapsed reader (though I'm getting better). I write long and awkward sentences, because the more things resemble Douglas Adams' writing, the more I want to live in the world. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

update

The tests went variously.

I passed them all, but the one I was sorta worried about turned out to be... a 100% after curving. Fun!

The one I was feelin' good about, something in the sixties, but might get into the higher sixties if I can argue convincingly.

The one I was not so sure about, baaaaad scene. We'll see what happens there.

The game programming deathmatch will get started soon. Some people were thinking of doing some Tabletop RP stuff as a prelude to RPG game design. Might be fun. I shall bring my mad GM skillz to play. (I have very few of those.)

I attended an Election Party with the Political Science Student Union. It was interesting to see the spectrum of interests etc., but the spectrum of political outlooks was... well, binary, with fewer zeroes than ones. We looked at Kant and Herder and, for once, we're seeing philosohpers some of whose ideas are *entirely* untenable. Though, between the two, there's a powerfully compelling synthesis to be seen. Stylistically they're different; their messages are in some ways thus, but it's cool to see the thread that binds Kant's universalism and Herder's hyperrelativism.

Finished Scheme, though I know I'll have to review it for the final. In class, we're done ML though I still need to do the assignment we're using it for. PROLOG starts tomorrow. Yikes!

No comments: