A lot of stuff goes into my brain, some of it by choice. If I decided to watch, read, play, or do it, I'd like to talk about it here. I'm a musician, a sometime actor, a frequent player of electronic and table-top games, and a lapsed reader (though I'm getting better). I write long and awkward sentences, because the more things resemble Douglas Adams' writing, the more I want to live in the world. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thinking back on "Reasons to be Pretty"

I think I might actually have reviewed this site somewhere else, but as she was mentioned in a recent Ontario press release, I checked out the wikipedia page for Piper Perabo trying to remember whether she'd played a police officer in the play I saw in preview on my last trip to New York.

Looking up the play, however, I saw that it had in fact premiered before the on-Broadway run I'd seen at the Lycaeum theatre.  And in its original cast? Nick Sobotka (Pablo Schreier) and Kim Pine (Alison Pill)!

Woulda been cool to see them onstage.  Of course, at that point I had seen neither The Wire nor In Treatment or Scott Pilgrim, and so I wouldn't have been confronted with baggage associated with their roles.  Either way, that play was pretty darned good.

Piper, of course, I knew from other work, but her character didn't ring of her Lost and Delirious role, which is cool.  (She co-starred with Jessica ParĂ© -- now a big part of Mad Men -- and, to an extent, Jackie Burroughs in that movie, which was awesome.)

No comments: