A lot of stuff goes into my brain, some of it by choice. If I decided to watch, read, play, or do it, I'd like to talk about it here. I'm a musician, a sometime actor, a frequent player of electronic and table-top games, and a lapsed reader (though I'm getting better). I write long and awkward sentences, because the more things resemble Douglas Adams' writing, the more I want to live in the world. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

speaking up

I've been speaking up in class of late.

Either I'm understanding a lot of what's going on,
or I'm becoming so disillusioned that I feel
like it doesn't matter at all.

Whenever Prof. Chambers teaches us something new,
I feel inspired. Today, discussing Nietzsche, and even
in tutorial dissecting Marx,
I felt that there was something
to embrace in each thinker's thoughts.
Something to embrace personally, if not on
a broader scale of "goals in the world".

I think I even "got" what we discussed in ML and
Algorithms today. ML was about anonymous functions,
pattern matching, and the word "and" for mutual recursion.

Algorithms began discussion of Network Flow problems,
and since it was only the first lecture,
I wasn't yet confused by the end.

I guess I almost feel okay.

No comments: