A lot of stuff goes into my brain, some of it by choice. If I decided to watch, read, play, or do it, I'd like to talk about it here. I'm a musician, a sometime actor, a frequent player of electronic and table-top games, and a lapsed reader (though I'm getting better). I write long and awkward sentences, because the more things resemble Douglas Adams' writing, the more I want to live in the world. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Louie

Louis C.K.'s new FX sitcom -- a sort of companion piece in tone to "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and really, if not for Community and 30 Rock being an NBC block, would make up the best hour of television conceivable -- really works for me in a single sentence: "Dr. Katz but in live action".  It's just a very patient sort of show, stunningly non-judgemental; not a lot of laughs but the kind of pathos that only humour can really evoke.  It's pretty great.

No comments: